Friday 29 March 2013

Excuse me while I kiss the sky

Finally I'm home but the last week was a busy one! I've been busy at uni working with Brighton Fashion week - check it out here - putting together content for their newspaper that will be given out at all of the shows and in the lead-up to the event. Exciting but time consuming!

On Friday evening I decided at the last minute that I should pop to London to see my sister and niece. I'm so glad it did! A big fire as it started to gently snow, pumpkin gnocchi with pesto, toasted seeds and spinach, an ice cold beer and some big baby cuddles!





I woke up early on Saturday morning and popped to Oxford Street to meet some friends. Cami is moving to Paris for third year and somehow had never been to Liberty so we decided she simply couldn't leave without visiting! I stopped off in Topshop on my way to meet them and was pleasantly surprised by the SS13 collection. I'm not the biggest Topshop fan - expensive for what it is and not that original - but there were some really cute pieces that might be on my list of considerations for my summer wardrobe now the student loan is in! This dress... very simple and classic but really nice fabric.




And I think this shirt would be so lovely with high waisted denim shorts...



This dress is from one of the basement designers, I can imagine it looking stunning when tanned at a summery garden party, glass of pimms in hand... ahhh I wish...



And while I would never spend £25 on a 'vintage' scarf when I can get them for £1 at Portabello I was more than a little bit taken with this pheasant number...






A fab addition to the flagship store is the photo booth on the ground floor, cheesy but fun with a group of friends!



And Lola's cupcakes never fail to impress. This was breakfast!



I met the girls and as we wandered across to Liberty I came across & Other Stories. I'd heard so much about the shop but completely forgot where it was located and was SO glad I got the chance to pop in! Founded by the H&M brand, & Other Stories is for the more sophisticated customer, with spaced out rails, incredible fabrics and gorgeous pieces, all at reasonable prices. I didn't get the chance to try anything on but will definitely be heading back next time I'm in London as there was lots that caught my eye.


These shoes...



...and gorgeous tea dress especially!

After Liberty we headed straight to one of my favorite Islington hangouts for a girly lunch. Ottolenghi serves the best salads and cake and is located on Upper Street, in between Highbury & Islington and Angel tubes. The food is fab, service is always impeccable and everything tastes incredible. If you haven't been, go. Simple as that!
















Lunch was the amazing salad plates, we didn't even go for mains and cake and fabulous company made the lunch fairly perfect! Now I'm looking forward to the trips to visit Cami next semester!


No comments:

Post a Comment