Sunday 19 May 2013

Chia and Tofu Rissoles

Nom nom nom, these babies really are delicious - and I didn't even think I liked Tofu!



This is a recipe inspired from my local wholefood store and requested by my sister when she was home a couple of weeks ago. I'm really not a Tofu fan but hadn't cooked in a while and its such a novelty to cook at home with full fridge and cupboard that I offered up my services. Quick and easy to make, these little rissoles really do pack a punch. I added in a few extra spices and some citrus juice as feel that these babies can take a little bit more! Great served with some green vegies or salad and some crispy potatoes (I cooked mine with some red onion, fresh Rosemary, lots of sea salt, pepper and olive oil - mmmm!). Would love to know your thoughts or adaptations if you do have a go at making them - enjoy!

Ingredients:
450g firm tofu
50g almonds
2 tbsp. chia seeds
1 red onion finely chopped
1 egg beaten
1 green chilli finely chopped
1 clove garlic chopped
1-2 tsp. curry powder
1 tsp. turmeric
1 tsp. cumin
2cm fresh root ginger finely chopped
1/2 bunch fresh coriander finely chopped
Juice of half a lemon/lime
 
Sesame seeds to coat
 


Crumble the tofu into a large mixing bowl and mix with the rest of the ingredients. With clean wet hands divide into 14 rissoles and lightly roll into the seeds to coat. Chill for at least 30 minutes. Gently fry in coconut or olive oil for 3-4 minutes on each side. It really is that simple! Delicious served with some homemade ketchup.

No comments:

Post a Comment