Saturday 4 January 2014

2014


I've tried to shy away from a 'new year, new me' style of post as to put it bluntly, I find them to be rather dull. We can all say that we'll make a list of things we want to change about ourselves and stick to it but let's be honest, how many of us actually do?

As we move well and truly into the new year and after some fab celebrations on the eve itself I can't help but consider where this year will take me. I don't want to resolve to change who I am, simply, in the least cringey way possible, continue 'growing up' and finding out what it is that I actually want to do with my life. And that in itself seems like a pretty big ask right now!!

This year brings several big steps, leaving Uni, graduating in June and finding a real job being top of the list. I love Uni but I'm excited to move on and can't wait until exams are over so that I can properly start sorting out the next steps. Job applications take a longgg time! Fingers crossed this time next year I'll be living in London and doing something that I love - thats my aspiration and will be my 'resolution for the coming year. It will be a test in many ways but I think I'm finally ready for it!

Oh, and of course worrying less about other people's dramas, thats a big one, and now seems like the perfect time to implement it!!

Happy 2014!

No comments:

Post a Comment