Sunday 22 November 2015

10 Things That Have Made Me Happy This Week



So, after many months (well 2, but look at that sunshine!) I found this one saved in my drafts. A massive desire for sunshine right now means I couldn't not share it and I already have massive cravings for all of the food, drinks and girly time that happened in this lovely week back at the start of September. As we sit here in long socks, big jumpers and snuggled up in blankets here's a quick look back to sunnier times... 

This week was a lovely one. A sunny weekend, so much girly time, holiday planning and wine drinking. New nails, brunch eating, a puppy visit and a little cooking sesh. Here's the things that have stood out this week...


1. A visit to Surrey. Pips has just moved and we headed down at the weekend to go exploring. Lunch, cake, sunshine, moo cows, a walk though the fields and the best catch ups. Prosecco by the pool (yes, she has a pool!!) and some much needed chats. Being in the countryside and only 30 minutes from London was perfect too. So lovely to have a girly day and so lovely that Pips is so close by. We started to talk about a girls holiday for next year and I already can't wait! 

2. Supper at Dishoom with my biggest sister. Kings Cross is by far my favourite branch and we headed down on Monday evening for drinks and supper. Lots of dishes to share and a little bit of putting the world to rights in the way that only sisters can. I haven't had a bad meal yet at Dishoom and if you haven't been yet, j more than reccomend a visit. 

3. A potential offer of a little bit of work travelling. Friday afternoon and the start of what I think might be a very fun conversation!! 

4. A sunny Saturday. After the dreariness of last week waking up to sunshine on Saturday morning really did make my weekend. We went exploring to Dulwich, good food, very nice houses and a definite desire to revisit! 

5. A visit to The Albion. The Albion in Shoreditch, E2 is perfectly located, close to Columbia Road for Sunday bruching. Daddy popped to London for the day and we wandered straight down for breakfast. I went for the Frame special, sweet potato, spinach and poached eggs and it was good. The service needs a little work but my carrot Apple and ginger juice almost made up for it! 

6. Coconut and lentil curry. Pips gave me a little bit of cooking inspiration (isn't it fab how your girlfriends can do that?) and I made a veggie coconut curry on Sunday afternoon for weekday lunches. I might have not been able to resist the saucepan and perhaps also nibbled it for supper and it was definitely good. 

7. Finding crates!! We've been looking for a while for an upcoming dinner party and I found some that by the flat with the added bonus that daddy was there to help me carry them home. Winning all round! 

8. Seeing the puppy. Harry, my dad's Jack Russell, popped down for a visit. It was his first ever time in London and having lived 100% in the fields at home he didn't know what to do with himself. Excited to say the least. My desire for a puppy is growing daily and seeing Harry definitely didn't help on that front!! 

9. Tidying. Isn't it satisfying to just tidy sometimes? Its so much quicker than you ever think it will be and oh-so-satisfying. 

10. New nail varnishes from Crabtree and Evelyn. The current promotion - swap a new for an old - is fab and you can do it in any of the Crabtree stores. I managed somehow to swap 4 for 4 (joys of a big collection!) and will be spending the next couple of weeks testing them out, I've never bought from the range before so am looking forward to reviewing and think that its a fab way for the brand to market their new launch. The colours are good despite the range being fairly small and who doesn't like a new nail varnish colour after all? 

No comments:

Post a Comment