Wednesday 27 January 2016

Florals





There is just something about having flowers in the house. Something that makes me feel a little bit happier, like Spring is that little bit closer and that the crazy busy day I've just come home from doesn't matter quite so much. 


Its amazing that something so simple can brighten our moods but I am 100% a believer in the power of some pretty flowers on the kitchen table (and on my dressing table, and on the worktops... basically all the flowers!).

As soon as the daffodils are out I buy them in abundance. Bright yellows and sunny mornings are the perfect combination.

After that come peonies, a cliche, but my favourites none-the-less. Subtle pinks and the knowledge that the British summer really is just around the corner. And a tip - Columbia Road flower market have the best quality bunches, that last for at least a week, and retail for 2 bunches for £10. Visit in May or June, I promise it'll be worth it. 

In Winter, its dark greenery and deep reds that fill the vases and accompany all of the sparkles that I just can't ever seem to resist! 

These beauties were a gift from my Chief Executive, a 'well done' after the party that I've been planning for the last six-months went to plan... http://www.tatler.com/bystander/events/2016/january/debretts-500-party#!/20511/image/1. They filled three vases, and a jug and looked stunning. Whites in Winter seem like the perfect arrangement and brighten up every space on dreary January days. 

The perfect present - thank you, apology or simply 'lovely to see you' token- and a real treat when you buy for yourself, flowers are my go to for all occasions. I mean, who can honestly say that they don't like every flower-shot on Instagram when scrolling the newsfeed? 

No comments:

Post a Comment